Egg Nets with Stir-Fry Prawn Filling
Try out this simple yet tasty prawn recipe by Zoe Bingley-Pullin.
- Stir Frying
- 30 minutes
- 2 servings
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Prawn filling:
- 500 grams prawns, shelled and deveined, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1cm knob of ginger, finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 large red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- ½ bunch of coriander, washed and finely chopped, including the stems
- ½ bunch mint, chopped
- Handful bean sprouts
- ¼ cup cashews, crushed
- Coconut Lime Dressing:
- 1 x 270 millilitres can AYAM coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon AYAM fish sauce
- To make the egg nets, whisk the eggs and sesame oil in a bowl.
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium-high heat, drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of egg mixture back and forth into the pan in a criss-cross pattern, cook on each side, transfer to a plate and repeat to make 4 egg nets.
- Marinate the prawns in a bowl with sesame oil, soy, garlic, ginger and chilli. In a large pan, cook the prawns for about 5 minutes. Take off the heat and stir through the coriander and mint.
- To make the dressing, combine all ingredients in a small bowl or jar, mix well.
- Place herbs into egg net, spoon prawn mixture and bean sprouts and roll up to enclose. Repeat with remaining egg net. Drizzle them both with coconut dressing and crushed cashews.
Share it with your friends.