Endive and Grape Salad with Pear Vinaigrette
Get this quick and easy endive and grape salad recipe by Chuck Hughes from Chuck's Day Off.
- 10 minutes
- 40 minutes
- 2 servings
As seen on Chuck's Day Off
- For the Pear Vinaigrette:
- 500 millilitres or approximately 4 pears) of fresh pear juice
- ½ Juice of lemon
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon (2 ml) of maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon (2 ml) of Dijon mustard
- ½ cup (125 ml) of canola oil
- A little water to thin, if necessary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the Salad:
- 4 endives, trimmed
- 2 cups (500 ml) of red grapes, sliced in halves
- 2 pears, julienned
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of pine nuts, toasted
- 100 grams approximately) of mimolette cheese, brunoised
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) of olive oil
- Pear Vinaigrette:
- Heat pear juice on stovetop over medium heat to reduce to 1/4 of its original amount, for 40 minutes, until caramelized. Set aside and let cool.
- In a pan add olive oil and toast pine nuts on medium to high heat. Keep an eye on them because they tend to burn fast.
- In a bowl, mix the reduced pear juice, cider vinegar, maple syrup and Dijon mustard.
- Slowly add vegetable oil whisking constantly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add a little more pear juice, or water if the vinaigrette is too thick. Set aside.
- Place endives and grapes in a bowl, add vinaigrette and mix well. Transfer salad mixture in serving bowls and garnish with pears, pine nuts and cheese.
Note : Old Cheddar or Gouda can be substituted for Mimolette
Share it with your friends.