Espresso Granita with Coconut Cream
Try this quick and easy dessert recipe from Inspired with Anna Olson.
- 15 minutes
- 8 - 10 servings
- Espresso Granita:
- 500 millilitres hot Espresso coffee
- 100 grams granulated Sugar
- Pinch ground Cinnamon
- 125 millilitres cool Water
- Coconut Cream:
- 400 millilitres tin Coconut milk
- 32 grams Icing sugar, sifted
- For the granite, stir the coffee, sugar and cinnamon in a dish that has a tight lid and stir in the water. Cover and freeze until firm, overnight. If you can, give the granita a stir after 3 hours (but it’s not critical)
- For the coconut cream, chill an unshaken tin of coconut milk overnight, and chill a glass or metal bowl for 30 minutes before whipping the cream. Open the tin without shaking it, and spoon the cream from the top into the chilled bowl. Whisk the cream with the icing sugar by hand or with electric beaters until fluffy (it won’t be as airy as conventional whipping cream, but it will still be fluffy). Chill this until ready to serve
- To serve, use a fork to scrape up granules of granita and scoop them into small serving glasses. Top each with a dollop of coconut cream and serve immediately
Share it with your friends.