Farro Tabbouleh with Strawberries and Goat Cheese
Freshen up with this light and easy vegetarian dish by Zoe Bingley-Pullin.
- 45 minutes
- 4 servings
- 1 cup farro, raw
- 2 cup water, for cooking
- 1 large bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1 bunch mint, finely chopped
- ½ bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- ½ punnet strawberries, diced finely
- ¼ punnet perino tomatoes, diced finely
- 100 grams goat cheese or feta, crumbled
- ½ cup pistachios nuts
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 squeeze lemon juice
- 1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ¼ cup micro garlic chives, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Place farro and water in a saucepan, bring to the boil and let simmer for 20-30mins until tender, drain, set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl combine parsley, mint, spring onions, strawberries, tomato, pistachios and ½ the goat cheese, add cooked farro to the salad mixture and combine well.
- Shake dressing ingredients in a jar, pour dressing over the tabouli mixing well.
- Serve tabouli with remaining goat cheese crumbled on top
Share it with your friends.