Fennel and Salami Panzanella Salad
A healthy salad by Justine Schofield from Everyday Gourmet
- 15 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Everyday Gourmet
- ½ loaf of one-day old sourdough bread, crust removed and bread torn into walnut-size pieces
- 1 fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 1 endive, leaves picked
- 1 bunch of baby beetroot, thinly sliced
- 1 small handful of parsley leaves
- 60 millilitres extra virgin olive oil
- 1 burrata
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained and dried
- 1 good quality thin salami (like a saucisson or cacciatore)
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Drizzle 20ml of oil over the bread and toast in the oven until crunchy. Cool slightly.
- Heat a splash of oil into a pan over a high heat. Add the caper and fry until crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- Arrange the fennel, endive, beetroot, parsley and torn burrata into a serving bowl. Add the salami pieces and sprinkle over the capers. Whisk the vinegar and remaining oil together and drizzle over salad just before serving.
Share it with your friends.