Try this quick and easy bread recipe from Bake With Anna Olson.
- 10 minutes
- 20 servings
- 567 grams dried Figs, stems removed
- ¼ teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground Cardamom
- 3 tablespoons Orange juice
- ½ cup Walnut halves, lightly toasted
- Line a loaf pan (really any size in the area of 9" x 5"/2L) with plastic wrap
- Place the figs, cinnamon, cardamom and orange juice in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the figs are roughly chopped and the juice is absorbed. Transfer this to a bowl and stir in the walnut halves. Spread this into the prepared pan (it will only fill just over an inch/25 mm), cover the top with plastic and press down firmly with a weight, such as another loaf pan. Let this chill for about an hour, then unwrap and slice thinly to place of a cheese board
The fig “bread” will keep for 3 weeks, refrigerated
Share it with your friends.