Filet Mignon with Mince
Whip up this quick and easy beef dish by Adrian Richardson.
- 40 minutes
- 2 to 4 servings
- 1 medium sized onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 500 grams minced beef
- 1 large egg
- ½-1 cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped finely
- 4- 6 bacon slices
- Salt and pepper
- Green beans
- Garnish with rosemary
- Preheat oven or grill to 175°C. Line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean up.
- Melt butter in saute pan over medium heat. Cook onions until fragrant and slightly brown while stirring occasionally, about 3-5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add garlic, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- In large bowl, combine ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, mustard, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and cooked onions and garlic. Use hands to mix well, but try not to overwork the meat. Divide into 2-4 equal sized portions and shape into disks.
- Wrap bacon slices around edge of disks. Diameter of meatloaf should be so that the bacon ends just meet or slightly overlap. Keep it together with a skewer through the sides of the meatloaves.
- Spread a little olive oil over the top and bottom of the mini meatloaves.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes, or cook on each side on a grill pan for 10-15 until cooked through.
- Serve with mashed potato & garlicky buttery parsley green beans.
Share it with your friends.