Fried Fish Bites perfect as snacks by Sapna Anand from Fast Indian Cooking with Sapna
- 30 minutes
- 6 to 8 servings
As seen on Fast Indian Cooking With Sapna
- 300 grams sea bass fillets
- ½ cup water
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- Salt for seasoning
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 stalks of curry leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- Vegetable oil for shallow frying
- Boil potato in salted water, then peel and mash it. Set aside.
- In a shallow pan, cook the fish with water, salt and turmeric powder for about 5 minutes with lid on. Remove the fillet from pan once it is cooked.
- Flake the cooked fish, picking out any bones.
- Combine flaked cooked fish, mashed potatoes, curry leaves, coriander leaves, freshly ground black pepper and salt. Add in juice of half a lime. Mix well.
- With your hands, shape the mixture into individual cylinders.
- Beat 2 eggs along with 2 tbsp of water.
- Dip croquettes into this egg mixture and then into the breadcrumbs to coat well.
- Heat oil in a shallow pan. Fry croquettes until golden brown.
Share it with your friends.