Fish Fingers in Filo
A crispy snack by Justine Schofield from Everyday Gourmet
- 30 minutes
- 20 servings
- 500 grams white fish like flathead, snapper, blue cod fillets (cut into 5-6cm pieces)
- 50 grams almond meal or breadcrumbs
- Zest of 1 lemon + juice of half
- 5 sheets of thick filo pastry
- 50 grams butter, melted
- Sesame seeds to garnish
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli
- 2 sprigs dill, finely chopped
- Preheat oven at 200C°. Cut the fish fillets into 5-6cm batons (approx. finger length).
- Mix the almond meal with the lemon zest and salt. Roll the fish pieces into the almond meal until well coated.
- Brush one piece of filo with butter. With the filo facing horizontally, place 4 pieces of fish at the bottom end. Leave an even gap between them. With a sharp knife cut the pastry into strips between each piece of fish. Roll up each finger just like a spring roll. Brush butter all over and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top. Repeat the process with the 4 remaining sheets of filo.
- Place the fish fingers on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix the sour cream with the lemon juice and add a dollop of the sweet chilli sauce to the centre. Sprinkle over dill and serve with the fish fingers.
Share it with your friends.