A spicy fish and coconut dish by Neha Sen from Everyday Gourmet
- 4 servings
As seen on Everyday Gourmet
- 2 tablespoons Veg oil
- 1 brown onion sliced fine
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 400 grams peeled green banana prawns
- 2 sprigs of fresh curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 fresh green chillies slit
- 1 stalk of lemongrass bruised
- 150 millilitres coconut milk
- 150 millilitres water
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to balance
- Fresh Coriander to garnish
- Basmati Rice
- Banana leaves to serve on
- Serve with pineapple chutney for an extra zing
- Heat oil in a pot on medium flame. Once the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds and let them splutter. Add half of the curry leaves, onion, green chillies and ginger and sauté with a bit of salt till onions are translucent. Add turmeric powder and sauté for another minute. If it sticks to the pot, add splash of water.
- Now put in the coconut milk and water, season with salt and a bit of sugar. Add the lemongrass stick, rest of the curry leaves and simmer for a couple of minutes on low heat. Add the prawns and cook till its done.
- P.S: If the curry is too thick, add a bit more water.
- Serve with basmati rice and garnish with coriander along with pineapple chutney.
Share it with your friends.