Fishy Ribs with Asian Slaw
Try this quick and easy fishy ribs with Asian slaw recipe by Michael Smith from Chef Michael's Kitchen.
- 10 minutes
- 4 hours
- 4 servings
- 1 rack of baby back ribs
- 1 cup of orange marmalade
- 1 cup of orange juice
- ½ cup of fish sauce
- ¼ cup of Sambal or other Asian Chilli garlic sauce
- ¼ cup or so of freshly grated frozen ginger
- The zest and juice of 4 limes
- Asian Slaw
Preheat and prepare your slow cooker. In a medium bowl, whisk together the marmalade, orange juice, fish sauce, Chilli garlic sauce, ginger, lime zest and lime juice
- Prepare the ribs:
- Most racks have a tough membrane, called the fell, across the back side
- Use a spoon handle to loosen this membrane and peel it off
- This will make the ribs much more tender
- Cut the rack in half and add, meat side down, to your slow cooker and drench with the sauce
- Cook on high until the meat comes away easily from the bone, 3 to 4 hours
- Remove the ribs to a plate and transfer the sauce to a saucepan over heat. Bring the works to a brisk simmer and cook to reduce and thicken, about 5 minutes
- Serve with a big helping of Asian Slaw in individual bowls or Chinese take out containers, top with the ribs and ladle over the concentrated sauce
- Serve and share!
Share it with your friends.