Fluffy Oat Hotcakes
Breakfast for champions by Justine Schofield from Everyday Gourmet
- 20 minutes
- 2 servings
- ¾ cup wholemeal flour
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 40 grams butter + extra, to serve, if desired
- Mayvers Original Super Spread, to garnish
- Berries of choice and maple syrup, to serve
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder and salt.
- In a jug, whisk together buttermilk, eggs and honey.
- Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients, and stir until just combined. If the mixture feels too thick, add a little extra buttermilk.
- Heat 1/4 of the butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Drop 1/4 cup portions of the batter into the pan and cook, in batches, for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface of the hotcake. Turn and cook on the other side for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and keep warm whilst cooking remaining hotcakes.
- Serve hotcakes topped with Original Super nut spread, berries, maple syrup and extra butter, if desired.
Share it with your friends.