Fresh Fruit with Red Wine Syrup
A beautiful plate of fruits by Justine Schofield from Everyday Gourmet
- 20 minutes
- 4 servings
- 500 grams of mixed fruit, depending on the season I like peaches, strawberries, raspberries, figs
- 300 millilitres red wine
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 1 star anise
- 50 grams flaked almonds, toasted
- Dollop cream, to serve
- Cut the fruit in chunks and arrange on decorative plates.
- Place the wine, sugar, star anise, cloves and cinnamon in a saucepan and bring to the boil gently. Cook on a simmer until the wine reaches a syrup consistency. Allow to cool.
- Pour the wine over the fruit and keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Sprinkle the toasted almonds over the fruit and add a spoonful of cream.
Share it with your friends.