Fresh Prawn Spring Rolls
Dish out this quick and tasty prawn recipe by Nik Michael Imran from Cooking for Love.
- 30 minutes
- 10 minutes
- 10 servings
- Spring Roll:
- 1 can Del Monte Prune Juice
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Fish Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 20 Prawns, deshelled and deveined
- 2 Carrot, cut into batons
- 3 cups Rice Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 packet Rice Vermicelli, cooked
- 10 Rice Spring Roll Wrappers
- 1 bunch Fresh Mint
- 1 bunch Fresh Cilantro
- 1 head Lettuce
- Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- ½ cup Water
- 2 ½ tablespoon Fish Sauce
- 1 clove Garlic, finely minced
- 1 Red Chilli, finely chopped
- Spring Roll:
- Whisk sugar and rice vinegar together until sugar is dissolved. Add and submerge carrots and cucumber. Leave them to pickle for an hour in the fridge.
- When mincing garlic in a pot, melt some butter and add the minced garlic to it. Sauté until translucent.
- Add prune juice, fish sauce and paprika and bring to a boil.
- Then, bring to a simmer.
- Skewer prawns with a bamboo stick and then, poach in simmering liquid for 2 to 4 minutes. When cooked, remove prawns off the skewers and set aside.
- Soak rice spring roll wrapper for a few seconds to soften.
- Place spring roll flat on working surface, fill closer to bottom lip of the wrapper with rice, vermicelli, lettuce, mint, cilantro, and pickles.
- Fold wrapper from bottom up, just to cover filling, then add prawns above the first fold.
- Fold the left and right sides of wrapper over the edge of the filling, make sure everything is nice and tight then fold bottom up all the way to the top.
- Repeat with the rest of the ingredients.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
- Dipping Sauce:
- Make dipping sauce by combining lime juice, sugar, water, fish sauce garlic and chilli, ensure that it’s a light golden colour. Stir well to dissolve the sugar.
Share it with your friends.