Fresh Salad with Glass Noodles (Yum Woon Sen)
Get your daily dose of vegetables with this simple Thai salad recipe by Phol Tantasathien.
- 30 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 2 servings
As seen on At Home With Phol: Thailand
- 80 grams Mung Bean Noodle
- 100 grams Skinless Chicken Thigh, minced
- 100 grams Prawns, peeled and left the tail only
- 100 grams Squid, butterfly sliced
- 3 tbs Chicken Stock
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 3 tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 5 pieces Small Red Chili, sliced
- 6 pieces Shallot, sliced
- 3 tablespoons Coriander leaves
- 3 tablespoons Spring Onion, sliced
- 15 grams Dried Shrimp, fried
- 30 grams Roasted Cashew Nut
- Soak mung bean noodle in water for 5 minutes (in a large bowl). Strain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar, lime juice, fish sauce, add small chilies and set aside.
- Prepare boiling water in a pot. In another big pot, pour the chicken stock along with minced chicken, set aside. Put soaked mung bean noodle in a noodle strainer together with sliced squid and prawns, set aside.
- Cook the minced chicken with stock, stir until the chicken is cooked but do not overcook it. Take the pot off the stove. At the same time, blanch the noodle along with the prawns and squid in the boiling water. Drain and put them into the chicken pot, mix well.
- While the noodle is still hot, pour the prepared sauce from earlier and mix well. Add sliced coriander leaves, spring onions, shallots and toss well.
- Serve warm on the plate, topped with chopped cashew nuts and fried dried shrimps, garnish with coriander leaves.
Share it with your friends.