Ginataang Labong with Saluyot Leaves
Get this quick and easy fish in coconut milk with bamboo shoots recipe by Bruce Lim from Tablescapes.
- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Tablescapes
- 1 medium size Grilled pirelled fish
- ½ kilogram Bamboo shoots (labong)
- ¼ kilogram Slimy leaves (saluyot)
- 2 cups 2nd squeeze Coconut milk
- 1 cup 1st squeeze Coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Fish sauce
- 3 Chilli labuyo (Bird's eye chilli)
- In a pot, boiled the 2nd squeeze of coconut milk for about 3 minutes
- Cut the fish into half and add it to the boiling coconut milk to make the stock more flavourful
- After 5 minutes, remove the fish from the pot, add the labong and the saluyot. When the vegetable is finally cooked, add the 1st squeeze coconut milk then put back the fish on top of the vegetables
- Season it with fish sauce and chilli as a substitute of salt and pepper. It's a quite spicy dish. The main feature of this dish is the labong You have to try it, its really that good!
Share it with your friends.