Ginger and Tamarind Tropical Fruit Salad
A fruit platter by Justine Schofield from Everyday Gourmet
- 15 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Everyday Gourmet
- 4 lychee, peeled and cut in half
- ½ cup grapes, cut in half
- 2 mangoes, cheeks remove from stone, scooped out of skin and cut in ½ lengthwise
- ½ pineapple, peeled, peeled and cut into 10 cm batons
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon lightly dried ginger + extra for garnish
- ½ teaspoon tamarind paste
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 3 sprigs of mint, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Coconut flakes, toasted
- To make the ginger sugar syrup, place the sugar and ginger in small pot of along with ½ a cup of water. Bring to the boil and once it just starts to thicken remove from the heat and cool to room temperature.
- Whisk in the tamarind paste, lemon zest and juice and the mint.
- Arrange fruit into shallow bowls and drizzle over syrup. For extra crunch and presentation, garnish with toasted coconut flakes and ginger.
Share it with your friends.