Ginger Rum Shandy
Get this quick and easy ginger rum shandy recipe by Chuck Hughes from Chuck's Day Off.
- 10 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Chuck's Day Off
- 10 slices of ginger, peeled
- 1 cup of sugar (250 ml)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 113 grams of Sailor Jerry rum
- 1 lime
- ¼ cup of apple juice (60 ml)
- 2 cups of Hoegarden beer (500 ml)
- Thin slices of apple to garnish
- Freshly grated ginger to garnish
- In a small saucepan combine ginger, sugar and water on med high heat.
- Let boil and then reduce to medium until the liquid becomes syrupy, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove, strain and let cool.
- Using a martini shaker to mix each drink, add ice, 1 ounce of rum, 1 tablespoon of the ginger syrup, the juice of a quarter lime and 1 tablespoon of apple juice.
- Shake well, pour over ice into a rock glass, top with 1/2 cup of beer and garnish with a thin slice of apple and freshly grated ginger.
Share it with your friends.