Ginseng Chicken Soup (Samgyetang)
Treat yourself to this simple and delicious Korean soup recipe.
- 15 minutes
- 2 hours
- 4 to 6 servings
- 1 Whole chicken, cavity emptied
- 1500 millilitres Water
- 4 Ginseng root
- 8 Red dates – cut into half
- 1½ teaspoons Salt
- 50 grams Spring onions, for garnish
- Rinse and clean chicken.
- In a large stone pot, place the chicken in the middle.
- Add in ginseng root, red dates, salt and water. Put flame on high until water is boiling, then lower heat to medium-low to simmer for 2 hours.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions and serve.
Share it with your friends.