Gluten Free Buckwheat Blinis with Beetroot Dip
Serve up this quick and easy gluten-free pancake recipe by Zoe Bingley-Pullin from Good Chef Bad Chef.
- 30 minutes
- 2 to 4 servings
- 1 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1½ cups milk, slightly warmed
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- ½ cup quinoa plain flour
- 1-2 eggs
- Olive oil for cooking
- Garnish with sauerkraut
- Beetroot Dip
- ½ large beetroot, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 pinch cumin, ground
- ½ bunch chives, chopped finely
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the blinis, combine yeast, sugar and ½ cup milk in a bowl, let stand for 5 minutes or until mixture begins to froth.
- Place buckwheat and quinoa flour in a large bowl, mix well and create a well in the centre. Pour liquid yeast mixture into the well and the remaining one cup of milk, mix until just combined. Add an egg and mix together gently. Add another egg if necessary to get the right smooth consistency.
- Heat a non-stick fry-pan over medium heat, drizzle olive oil and spoon 1 tbsp batter into the pan, cook on each side until bubbles begin to form.
- To make the beetroot dip, wrap beetroot in alfoil, place in a pre-heated oven for 20-30mins until tender. Alternatively roast the beetroot on a baking tray with a little olive oil and salt until cooked.
- Combine beetroot, tahini, lemon, cumin and garlic in a food processor until well combined, adding extra olive oil until desired consistency is reached.
- To serve the blinis, top with a spoonful of beetroot dip and finished with sauerkraut.
Share it with your friends.