Gluten Free Tri-Colour Penne with Bitter Greens
A gluten-free pasta recipe by Laura Cassai from Everyday Gourmet
- 10 minutes
- 4 servings
- 2 x 250 grams packet gluten free tri-coloured penne
- 100 grams nettle (use gloves to handle)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 150 grams baby kale
- 150 grams chicory
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Parmigiano cheese
- ¼ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- Whole nutmeg, to be grated
- Salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to packet directions. In a separate small pot of boiling water, blanch the nettle for a few minutes, remove and pat dry with paper towel. This process allows the nettle to lose its sting.
- In a medium sized frypan, heat a tablespoon of olive oil and add the other greens and sliced garlic. Season with salt and pepper and toss constantly until the greens are cooked.
- Meanwhile, in a small pan add butter and cook off until light brown in colour. Toss drained pasta and burnt butter into the frypan with greens. Serve with grated Parmigiano cheese, chilli flakes and grated nutmeg.
Share it with your friends.