Glutinous Rice Balls
Try this quick and easy Chinese-inspired recipe from Martin Yan's Asian Favorites.
- 20 minutes
- 10 minutes
- 15 servings
As seen on Martin Yan's Asian Favorites
- 130 grams Glutinous rice flour
- 50 grams Sugar
- 235 millilitres Water
- 120 grams Potato starch
- ½ can (475g) Red bean paste
- In a microwave-safe bowl, mix the rice flour and sugar together
- Stir in the water; mix well. Then, cover the bowl with plastic wrap; cook the mixture in the microwave at high (1000W) for 3 to 4 minutes. Let the dough rest, covered, until it is cool enough to handle, which takes about 20 to 30 minutes
- Sprinkle potato starch on a clean, flat work surface. Place the dough on the floured surface; divide the dough into 15 equal portions. Coat each portion with potato starch and form it into a flat round disc. Fill each disc with 1 teaspoon of bean paste filling and roll into a ball
- Serve while dough is fresh and soft
Share it with your friends.