Goat Cheese, Mushrooms & Vegetables
Dig into this quick and easy vegetarian recipe by Tareq Taylor from Tareq Taylor's Nordic Cookery.
- 5 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 4 servings
- 200 millilitres Milk
- 400 grams fresh Goat cheese
- 200 grams Cepes
- 1 small Leek or 3 Spring onions
- 100 grams summer Chantarelles
- 100 grams Funnel chantarelles
- 100 grams Black trumpet death
- 1 striped Beetroot – Chioggia
- 3 Carrots in different colours
- 4 small yellow Beetroots cooked and peeled
- 100 grams smoked Pork – bacon
- 1 cob of Sweet corn
- 1 twig sweet Mace/Texas tarragon
- Butter for frying
- Salt and pepper
- Bring the milk to a boil in a small pot and add the goat cheese. Stir with a whisk to get a smooth texture. Set aside too cool down
- Cut the leek and the cepes in big pieces. Fry until golden in plenty of butter together with the sweet mace. Salt and pepper to taste
- Fry the rest of the mushrooms in butter and salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the striped beetroot and the carrots very thin on a mandolin and put the slices in plenty of very cold water. This will make them extra crispy.
- Fry the smoked pork in a hot pan until it´s crispy.
- Cut the kernels off the sweet corn
- Use a large platter and start by putting down the goat cheese cream as a base for all other ingredients. Place them on top of the cream and serve the dish with some bread
Share it with your friends.