Try this quick and easy granola bar recipe from Bake With Anna Olson.
- 15 minutes
- 25 minutes
- 12 - 16 servings
As seen on Bake With Anna Olson
- 1½ cups rolled Oats (not instant or quick cook)
- 1 cup Quinoa flakes (or spelt, barley or further oats flakes)
- ½ cup Honey
- ¼ cup virgin Coconut oil
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- Pinch Salt
- ½ cup unsalted, roasted shelled Pumpkinseeds
- ¼ cup unsalted, roasted Sunflower seeds
- ½ cup dried Cranberries
- ½ cup Raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper, and grease an 8-inch square pan and line it with parchment paper so that it comes up the sides of the pan.
- Spread the oats and quinoa flakes (or other flakes) onto the baking tray and toast for about 12 minutes, stirring once, until lightly browned.
- While the grains are toasting, heat the honey, coconut oil, orange zest, vanilla, cinnamon and salt until the coconut oil has melted. Place the pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries and raisins in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the toasted grains into the bowls with the seeds and fruit and add the warm honey mixture. Stir this well to fully coat everything and scrape this into the prepared pan. Press the granola mixture VERY firmly into the pan (using a flat dish helps to do so without sticking) – this ensures the bars will hold together when sliced. Bake the bars for about 15 minutes, until lightly browned at the edges. Cool the granola bars in the pan before slicing.
The granola bars will keep, well-wrapped and at room temperature, for a week, or they can be frozen for up to a month.
Share it with your friends.