Grape and Blue Cheese Moneybags
Sweet and savoury in one bite with this recipe by Justine Schofield from Everyday Gourmet
- 50 minutes
- 12 servings
- 1 cup red grapes, quartered
- 100 grams blue cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- 50 grams butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (170° fan-forced). Grease a 12-hole cupcake tin with some melted butter. In a medium bowl combine grapes, blue cheese, cottage cheese, honey, walnuts, lemon zest, and herbs. Season to taste.
- On a clean benchtop, place a sheet of filo pastry. Brush with melted butter, top with another sheet of filo pastry, brush with melted butter and top with a third sheet of filo pastry. Cut the filo stacks in 3, and then cut in halves (to give 6 squares). Repeat process with remaining filo (you will have a total of 12 squares).
- Place 1 square of filo on a flat surface and place a tablespoon full of the filling the centre. Bring the edges of the pastry up together and pinch them to form a little parcel (money-bag shape), brushing with a little extra butter, if necessary. Repeat with remaining filling and filo.
- Place the moneybags in a cupcake tin. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden and crisp.
- ** You may need to adjust the amount of filling – there should be plenty so you could always increase the filo and butter to make more parcels
Share it with your friends.