Grape, Apple and Ginger Chutney
A sauce that can be used with many dishes by Justine Schofield from Everyday Gourmet
- 1 hour 30 minutes
As seen on Everyday Gourmet
- 800 grams black seedless grapes
- 2 Granny smith apple, peeled and diced
- 2 brown onions, chopped
- 300 grams brown sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup of water
- ¼ teaspoon clove powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg powder
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- Place all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 1 hour, stirring from time to time. Pour the hot chutney into sterilised jars and close the lid. Turn the jar upside down until cool.
- This method will allow you to store the chutney for a few months.
Share it with your friends.