Greek Salad with Popcorn Cheese
Get this quick and easy Greek salad recipe by Chuck Hughes from Chuck's Day Off.
- Deep Frying
- 10 minutes
- 5 minutes
- 2 servings
- 2 large tomatoes, cubed
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, cubed
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 ml) of Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1 ripe avocado, cubed
- ½ cup (125 ml) of fresh dill, finely chopped
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup (250 ml) of Kefalotyri cheese, cubed
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer to 375°F (190°C).
- Mix all the vegetables in a large bowl with the dill, olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice.
- Deep fry the cheese at 375°F (190°C) for 2 minutes approximately.
- Toss salad and garnish with fried cheese on top.
Share it with your friends.