Green Curry Spaghettini with Smoked Beef
Enjoy this quick and tasty Thai-inspired pasta recipe by Nik Michael Imran from Cooking for Love.
- 20 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 2 to 4 servings
- 20 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 500 grams Daging Salai (smoked beef, or brisket), torn into bite size pieces
- 1 bunch Thai Sweet Basil Leaves
- 2 Red Chillies, sliced
- 100 grams Terung Pipit (small green eggplant aka turkey berry)
- 3 cups Coconut Cream
- 1 pack Spaghettini
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 cups Water
- Salt, to taste
- Fried beef bits to garnish
- Green Curry Paste Ingredients:
- 150 grams Green Birds Eye Chillies
- 1 head Garlic
- 3 Shallots
- 1 inch Galangal, preferably young
- 2 Lemongrass
- 1 Kaffir Lime Zest
- 5 Coriander Roots
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Seed, roasted and pounded
- 1 teaspoon Cumin, roasted and pounded
- 1 tablespoon White Peppercorns, roasted and pounded
- 1 tablespoon Thai Shrimp Paste
- 250 milliliters Water to blend
- Add coriander, cumin and white peppercorn seeds into the mill container to blend to a powder.
- Transfer the blended spice mix into a blender jug. Next add in the birds eye chilies, coriander roots, garlic, shallots, galangal, lemongrass, shrimp paste, salt, water and zest of kaffir lime, blending it into a green curry spice paste.
- In a pot, add kaffir lime leaves, spice paste and smoked beef in boiling water. Simmer for about 10 minutes until slightly reduced.
- Add coconut cream and eggplant and continue simmering for another 10 minutes.
- Then, add red chili and Thai sweet basil and cook for another 1-2 minutes until lightly wilted. Liquid should be slightly thick. Set aside.
- In a pot of boiling water, toss spaghettini in with salt for 3 minutes until al dente and reserve.
- In a pan, heat up some olive oil for sauteing minced garlic until translucent.
- Add some of the green curry liquid along with its contents into the pan.
- Then add in the spaghettini, tossing vigorously and let it cook on high heat for 1-2 minutes to quickly reduce liquid until it is well emulsified.
- Serve pasta in small bowls, sprinkling fried beef bits (smoked beef) as garnish.
Share it with your friends.