Griddled Chicken with Chickpeas
Enjoy this quick and easy chicken recipe from Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Home Cooking.
- 10 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 4 servings
- 4 boneless Chicken thighs, skin on
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 200 grams jar Piquillo or roasted Red peppers, drained, cut into strips
- 400 grams tin cooked Chickpeas, drained
- 8–12 Caper berries, stalks removed, halved
- Small bunch of Basil, leaves only, roughly torn
- Sea salt and freshly ground Black pepper
- For the dressing:
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons Extra virgin Olive oil
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Place a griddle pan over a high heat.
- Put the chicken on a plate and drizzle with a little olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss well to coat. Place in the hot griddle pan, skin side down, and cook for 4–5 minutes, until the skin is dark golden, crisp and marked with griddle lines. Lower the heat and turn the chicken over. Cook for a further 6–8 minutes, turning now and again, until the chicken is cooked through. Remove and set aside to rest for a few minutes
- To make the dressing put the mustard into a bowl, add the olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Mix well, then taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary
- Place the peppers strips, chickpeas and caper berries in a salad bowl and mix well. Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary
- Mix the basil into the chickpea salad, then pour in three-quarters of the dressing. Slice the chicken into chunky slices and place on top of the salad. Toss lightly, drizzle over the remaining dressing and serve
Share it with your friends.