Grilled Chicken Kebab
Delicious meat skewers by Sapna Anand from Fast Indian Cooking with Sapna
- 20 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Fast Indian Cooking With Sapna
- Chicken Kebab:
- 250 grams minced chicken thigh
- 2 tablespoons oil
- A handful of finely chopped coriander leaves
- A handful of finely chopped mint leaves (remove the stalk)
- 1 teaspoon ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic grated
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 4 tablespoons roasted cumin seeds
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- Half a lemon
- Lemon wedge for garnish
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- In a heated pan, add in cumin seeds to roast. Once it has reached a nice dark brown, toss it into a blender and blend to a fine powder.
- In a bowl, combine minced chicken, a teaspoon of roasted cumin powder, ginger, garlic, garam masala, salt, pepper, lemon juice, coriander, mint and cream cheese. Mix it well.
- Spread a large sheet of cling film on a flat clean surface.
- Place one large heaping tablespoon of minced chicken mixture in the centre of the cling film, spreading it lengthwise with a back of the spoon.
- Roll the meat along the cling film into a sausage like shape, ensure sides are sealed well.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes or even overnight. This can also be frozen until ready to be used.
- On a heated flat grill pan, sprinkle some oil. Remove cling film from sausages and place it on the pan and grill till golden brown. Reduce the heat and continue cooking until well done.
- Remove the sausages from pan and skewer with a wooden stick.
- Garnish with some coriander and mint leaves. Serve with lemon wedges.
Share it with your friends.