Grilled Swordfish, Grape, Endive Salad
Grilled fish recipe by Justine Schofield from Everyday Gourmet
- 20 minutes
- 2 servings
- 2 tbs. capers
- 2 x 150 grams pieces of swordfish
- 1 endive (witlof), leaves picked
- 2 large handfuls of black grapes, halved
- 1 grapefruit, segmented and juice reserved
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ clove garlic
- 2½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of cayenne
- Heat ½ tablespoon of oil in a small pan over a medium to high heat. Add capers, being careful, as they will spit and toss in the oil for 30 seconds or until they are crisp. Remove and drain on paper towel.
- After segmenting the grapefruit place in a large bowl with the endive leaves and grapes.
- For the dressing, squeeze the juice out of the remaining grapefruit pith and whisk with the mustard, garlic, a pinch of cayenne and the remaining oil.
- Heat a bbq or a grill pan over high heat. Bring the swordfish out of the fridge 10 minutes before cooking. Drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt and pinch of cayenne pepper. Sear the fish for 1-2 minutes on each side (depending on thickness) and then remove.
- Dress the salad with the dressing, place the swordfish beside the salad and sprinkle on the capers.
Share it with your friends.