Hae Bee Buttered Corn
Serve up this quick and simple corn recipe by Sarah Benjamin from Cooking for Love.
- 15 minutes
- 10 minutes
- 4 to 6 servings
As seen on Cooking for Love
- 3 Cups Corn Kernels, thawed from frozen or freshly cut
- 15 Dried Shrimp, soaked in warm water for 30 minutes, then drained well
- 30 grams Unsalted Butter
- 1 teaspoon Caster Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped Coriander
- ½ tablespoon chopped Chives
- Roughly chop the dried shrimp. After melting the butter in a large pan over a medium heat, add the chopped dried shrimp to it and keep frying for 6-8 minutes, until the dried shrimp is golden brown.
- Add corn kernels, salt and sugar, and toss for 2 minutes, until the corn is warmed through. Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary.
- Turn off the heat, then stir in the parmesan cheese, chopped coriander and chives, reserving a little of each as a garnish. Transfer to a serving bowl, and garnish with the remaining cheese and herbs.
Share it with your friends.