- 30 minutes
- 4 servings
- 4 x 6mm thick good quality ham off the bone brought to room temperature
- 1 French shallot, minced
- 3 sprigs of tarragon, leaves picked + extra for garnish
- 1 cup dry white wine like chardonnay or even better a Chablis
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 200 grams (½ can) Ardmona crushed tomatoes
- 200 millilitres cream
- Salt to taste
- To serve, boiled kipfler potatoes
Place the shallots, tarragon, white wine, stock and a crack of pepper into saucepan and reduce until you have ½ of liquid. Add the tomato and cook for a further 10 minutes before adding the cream. Cook for a further 10 minutes or until thick. Strain the sauce through a fine sieve. Serve hot sauce over the ham and with boiled potatoes.
Share it with your friends.