Dish out these delicious Chinese prawn dumplings.
- 30 minutes
- 10 minutes
- 4 to 6 servings
- Filling ingredients:
- 450 grams Prawn meat, finely chopped
- 100 grams Bamboo shoot, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon Light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon White pepper powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- Dough ingredients:
- 260 grams Wheat starch
- 130 grams Tapioca starch
- 3 teaspoons Vegetable oil
- 300 millilitres Boiling hot water
- In a mixing bowl, combine wheat starch and tapioca starch.
- Gradually pour boiling water into the mixing bowl while stirring rapidly.
- Now add in the oil and continue to stir.
- While the dough is still hot but "cool" enough to handle, knead the dough for a couple of minutes, until it turns into a smooth dough ball. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine prawn, bamboo shoot, sugar, soy sauce, ginger, white pepper and sesame oil. Stir well to incorporate all the ingredients. Set aside.
- Roll the dough into a long cylinder, and divide it into equal 20g pillows.
- Turn on the stove to pre-boil the water in the steamer.
- Take one piece of dough and roll it into a 3” diameter circle.
- Add a heaping teaspoon of filling and place it in the middle of the wrapper, spreading it out evenly but not touching the edges.
- Carefully lift the upper edge of the wrapper and fold it over the filling. Use your thumb and forefinger to form pleats in the dough, and pinch the edges closed.
- Line a steamer basket with parchment paper. Apply some oil to the paper before placing the Har Gow, to prevent it from sticking.
- Steam over high heat for 6 minutes.
- Let the dumplings cool for 1-2 minutes before serving, as the filling holds their heat almost too well. Serve with chili oil.
Share it with your friends.