Enjoy this quick and easy dessert recipe from My Grandmother's Ravioli.
- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 10 - 12 servings
As seen on My Grandmother's Ravioli
- One 16.5-ounce box Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 cup sweetened, shredded Coconut
- One 3.4-ounce box instant Vanilla pudding
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 227 grams Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- One 8-ounce container whipped topping, such as Cool Whip
- One 8-ounce can crushed Pineapple
- ½ cup Walnuts, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup Maraschino Cherries, stemmed and halved
- Prepare and bake the cake in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, according to the package directions. Cool the cake completely and set aside.
- Preheat the broiler to high heat
- Toast the coconut under the broiler, stirring every minute, until golden brown, about 4 minutes
- In a large bowl, mix the vanilla pudding mix with the milk. Using an electric mixer, add in the cream cheese and mix until smooth. Fold in the whipped topping, and then spread all of the icing over the cooled cake
- Use a butter knife to make decorative swirls in the icing. Evenly sprinkle the crushed pineapple over the top, followed by the walnuts and then the toasted coconut
- Dot the top of the cake with the cherry halves, 6 rows across the long side and 4 rows on the short side. Slice and serve
Share it with your friends.