Henderson-inspired Roasted Bone Marrow
A delicacy by itself! Try this recipe by Justine Schofield from Everyday Gourmet
- 15 minutes
- 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 beef marrow bones, cross cut lengthways so the marrow is exposed
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 sprig of thyme, leaves picked
- Small pinch of cayenne
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 1 French shallot, very finely sliced
- ½ bunch parsley, leaves picked and two stalks reserved
- Square bread toast, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- In a mortar and pestle, pound the garlic with the salt and then add the thyme, parsley stalks and cayenne and pound again until a paste forms. Add 1 tbs. of the olive oil. Brush the paste over each bone marrow half. Place on a baking tray and roast for 15-20 minutes.
- Mix the parsley leaves with the shallot, a splash of lemon juice and remaining olive oil.
- Serve the marrow with the parsley salad and hot toast.
Share it with your friends.