Herb And Grape Roasted Duck Legs
Get this simple duck recipe by Sarah Benjamin from Cooking For Love.
- 10 minutes
- 2 hours 30 minutes
- 6 servings
As seen on Cooking for Love
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 2 large red onions, sliced
- 3 heads garlic, sliced in half across
- 6 duck legs
- 2 sprigs thyme
- ½ large bunch red grapes
- ½ tablespoon plain flour
- 1 large oranges (zest and juice)
- ½ tablespoon honey
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Lay rosemary, sliced onion and garlic across bottom of a baking tray. Season duck legs with salt and pepper. Lay duck legs on top, skin side up. Sprinkle with thyme leaves.
- Bake the duck legs in the oven for 1 hour.
- Remove duck legs from the oven, and set oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Add grapes to the pan and return to oven for 45 minutes. When done, remove duck legs and grapes and set aside.
- Place roasting tray with juices on a low heat, or scrape into sauté pan. Add plain flour and stir to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add orange juice to deglaze, honey, and chicken stock. Boil for 10 to 15 minutes until thickened and glossy.
- Drizzle glaze onto duck legs. Top with chopped toasted walnuts.
Share it with your friends.