Get this quick and easy butter recipe by Sarah Benjamin from Simply Special.
- 15 minutes
- 1 serving
- 3 cups Double cream
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- Using an electric whisk or food processor, beat the cream until it splits and looks like little lumps butterfat floating in the watery buttermilk
- Strain it through a fine sieve or a sieve lined with muslin cloth
- Under running water, rinse the butter and knead it, squeezing the excess water out
- Do this until the water runs clear. Knead in the salt to flavour and store for up to 4 days
- Alternative flavourings: honey and lavender, dried herbes de Provence, paprika
Share it with your friends.