Homemade Seed Crackers with Green Olive Hummus
Snack on these light and tasty bites by Zoe Bingley-Pullin from Good Chef Bad Chef.
As seen on Good Chef Bad Chef
- 1 cup water + more if needed
- ¼ cup flaxseeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon psyllium husk
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, optional
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, optional
- Pinch salt, optional
- Green Olive:
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1-2 cloves, garlic
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Squeeze lemon juice
- Pinch cumin, ground
- ¼ cup green olives, pitted, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley leaves
- Sliced green olives
- Pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 160C and line a baking tray with non-stick paper.
- In a large bowl combine flaxseeds, chia, psyllium, sunflower, pumpkin, sesame, poppy seeds, fennel, cumin seeds and salt. Combine well. Add water to the bowl and mix well. Allow the mixture to sit for 10-12mins until all of the water has been absorbed and the mixture comes together.
- Spread mixture thinly onto the prepared baking tray, using a sharp knife score crackers into large rectangles or the size preferred.
- Bake for 25-30mins until lightly brown on top. Remove tray from oven and let cool slightly, break or cut into individual crackers.
- To make the green olive hummus, combine all ingredients and blend until mixed well.
- Spoon into a serving bowl and top with fresh parsley, pine nuts and green olives.
Share it with your friends.