Hot Cinnamon Apple Jelly
Get this quick and easy spread recipe from My Grandmother's Ravioli.
- 3 hours 25 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 6 servings
- 4 cups Apple juice, fresh or store bought
- ½ cup hot Cinnamon candies, such as Red Hots
- One 1¾-ounce package powdered fruit pectin
- 4½ cups sugar
- Fill a large stockpot with cold water, enough to cover your jars by 4 inches. Bring the water to a simmer and place the jars and the center lids in the water. Keep the water on a low simmer until ready to jar the jelly
- In a large saucepan, combine the apple juice, cinnamon candies, and fruit pectin. Bring to a full boil over high heat, stirring constantly until the jelly begins to thicken, about 5 minutes. Stir in the sugar and bring back to a boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and skim off any foam
- Remove the jars from the simmering water using the canning tongs and dry them off using a clean towel. Using a wide-mouth funnel, ladle the jelly into each jar, leaving 1/4 inch of space at the top. Wipe the rim of the jar with a clean, wet cloth to remove any residue or stickiness. Remove the center lid from the water using the magnetic lid holder and place the lid on top of the jar. Put the screw bands on the jars, and tighten. Repeat with the remaining jars
- Place the jars back into the large stockpot and fill with cold water. Bring the water to a boil and cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the jars from the water and let cool completely to room temperature, 2 to 3 hours. You will hear a pop from the lid letting you know that each jar has been sealed
- Serve on a muffin or toast
Share it with your friends.