Salsa and eggs by Justine Schofield from Everyday Gourmet
- 20 minutes
- 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 long green chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 green capsicum, diced
- 3 kale leaves, finely shredded
- 1 x 400 grams Ardmona can diced tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 6 eggs
- Warmed tortillas, coriander leaves, grated cheddar cheese, to serve
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add the chilli, capsicum, and kale, season and cook for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, coriander and cumin. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes until mixture is slightly reduced.
- Make 8 small wells in the salsa and break eggs into wells. Cook, covered, for 8 to 10 minutes or until eggs are just set.
- Serve with warmed tortillas, and sprinkle with the coriander leaves and cheddar cheese, if desired, to serve.
Share it with your friends.