Enjoy this quick and easy dip by Tiffani Thiessen from Dinner at Tiffani's.
- 20 minutes
- 4 servings
- Two 16-ounce cans garbanzo beans, drained (about 3 cups)
- ½ cup olive oil, plus extra for garnish
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- Kosher salt
- Paprika, for garnish
- Za'atar, for garnish
- Put the garbanzo beans in a large bowl and fill with water to cover. Rub the beans between the palms of your hands and against each other to loosen the skins. Continue until all of the skins have been released. Discard the skins.
- Transfer the skinned garbanzo beans to a food processor. Add the olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, cumin, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Process until smooth and creamy, 3 to 5 minutes. (If the hummus is not creamy enough, add more olive oil.)
- To serve, spread the hummus on a round platter, sprinkle with paprika and za'atar, and drizzle with olive oil.
Share it with your friends.