Ikan Salai Masak Lemak
Get this seafood recipe by Sherson Lian from Family Kitchen with Sherson
- 10 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 4 servings
- 1 large Tilapia Fish (gutted and cleaned)
- 1 Coconut Husk
- 1 cup Rice
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 3 Cloves
- 1½ tablespoons Turmeric Powder
- 1½ teaspoons Salt
- 6cm Fresh Turmeric
- 10 Bird’s Eye Chilli
- 2 cups Coconut Milk (freshly squeezed)
- 3 Lemongrass
- 3 Kaffir Lime Leaf
- 1 Asam Keping [Tamarind Slice]
- 1 Red Chilli
- 10 grams Coriander Leaves
- 1 Spring Onion
- 4 Calamansi Juice
- On a heated wok, add in coconut husk, raw rice, cinnamon stick and cloves
- Blow torch the husk to assist the fire to set and place a steam rack over the wok
- Half the fish and marinate the fish with turmeric powder and salt. Place it on top of the steam rack and cover the wok with a lid
- Hot smoke the fish for approx. 15 minutes and set aside
- Brush the fish with some oil to achieve a nice shine.
- Blend turmeric, bird’s eye chilli with half cup of coconut milk
- Boil blended ingredients; add in coconut milk and pounded lemongrass with slow fire. Squeeze in 2 lime leaf, tamarind slice, and salt add it into the wok.
- Add in grilled Tilapia and let it sit for about 10 minutes
- On a bowl of ice water, add in sliced red chilli, coriander leaves and sliced kaffir lime leaves and sliced spring onions to keep it fresh as garnish.
- Lastly, add in calamansi juice and garnish
Share it with your friends.