Indian Eggplant Salad
A salad packed with flavours by Justine Schofield from Everyday Gourmet
- 30 minutes
- 4 servings
- Naan bread flatbread, cut into chunks
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 3 cm cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 teaspoon garam masala, lightly toasted
- ½ bunch coriander, washed and roughly chopped
- ½ bunch mint, washed and roughly chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- ¼ cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 long green chilli
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- Juice ½ lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place the eggplant, naan, oil and spices and salt into a bowl and toss. Scatter on a lined baking tray and roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool slightly.
- In a small food processor blitz the yoghurt, chilli, mango chutney and lemon juice.
- In a large bowl toss the eggplant, naan, herbs, chickpeas and onion. Pour over the sauce and toss again before serving.
Share it with your friends.