Iranian Cardamom Tea Cake
Add a sweet note to your meal with this easy and delicous Iranian dessert by Adrian Richardson.
- 60 minutes
- 1 serving
As seen on Good Chef Bad Chef
- 1-¼ cups plain flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
- Pinch of salt
- 100 grams Mawa crumbled (available in Indian stores)
- 85 grams unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 100 millilitres milk
- Almond and pistachio flakes
- Preheat oven to 180C degrees. Grease and adequately dust a cake tin, or cover with baking paper and set it aside for later use.
- Place all of the ingredients, except for the milk, into the food processor and blend. Add the milk slowly while blending until there is a batter consistency.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and even out the top. Sprinkle the almond and pistachio flakes around the surface. You can also sprinkle some additional cardamom powder for added flavour.
- Place the tin in the preheated oven to bake for 45 mins - 1 hour or till a skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven, allow it to cool and serve.
Share it with your friends.