Jackfruit (Nangka) Sago Dessert
Savor this quick and easy vegetarian recipe by Ann Lian from Family Kitchen with Sherson.
- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Family Kitchen with Sherson
- 10–15 Jackfruit pieces, deseeded
- 2 cups Fresh milk
- Seeds of 2 Vanilla beans
- Salt, to taste
- Sugar, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 1 cup Cream
- 1 cup Sago, boiled, for garnish
- 4 Water chestnuts, diced, for garnish
- 1 Mint leaf sprig
- ¼ cup Pistachios, toasted and salted
- In a pot, cook the jackfruit with milk and the vanilla seeds over low heat. Then stir in the sugar and salt until dissolved
- Once the sugar has dissolved, blend the mixture. The consistency will thicken
- Add in the vanilla essence and cream
- Then remove from heat and chill in the fridge for a couple of hours until cold
- Assemble with sago and garnish with chestnuts, mint leaf and pistachios. Serve cold!
Share it with your friends.