Jaffa Mousse with Candied Orange
A chocolate dessert by Trish McKenzie from Everyday Gourmet
- 2 hours 30 minutes
- 6 servings
As seen on Everyday Gourmet
- 225 grams CADBURY Dark Chocolate Melts
- 2 peeled strips of orange rind
- 1 cup thickened cream, softly whipped
- 2 tablespoons Orange liqueur
- 2 eggs, separated
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- Candied Orange:
- 1 navel orange, very thinly sliced
- ¼ cup caster sugar, extra
- 100 grams CADBURY Dark Chocolate Melts, extra melted, if desired
- Melt the chocolate and orange rind in a bowl and melt over simmering water. Set aside to cool for 15 minutes. Remove and discard orange rind.
- Whip together the cream and liqueur.
- Beat the egg whites in a clean bowl until stiff peaks form. Gradually add the sugar beating well between each addition. Whisk the egg yolks into the chocolate, then fold in the cream. Stir one third of the whites into the chocolate to loosen, and then fold in the remaining whites. Spoon into small serving glasses and chill until lightly set. Decorate with Candied Orange and serve immediately
- Blot the orange slices with paper towel to remove excess juice. Place onto a cooling rack over an oven tray then sprinkle with the sugar. Bake in a moderately slow 140°C for 1 ½-2 hours or until the slices are dry. Allow to cool thoroughly.
- Dip slices of the orange into melted chocolate and allow the excess to drip off. Place onto a paper lined tray and allow to set at room temperature. Store in an airtight container.
Share it with your friends.