Kam Heong Clams
Enjoy this quick and delicious seafood recipe by Nik Michael Imran from Cooking for Love.
- 45 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Cooking for Love
- 5 Shallots
- 5 Birds Eye Chilli
- 2 tablespoons Dried Prawns, soaked and drained
- 1 tablespoon Curry Powder
- 1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 stalks Curry Leaves
- 2 kilograms Clams, on half shell
- ½ cup NeuVida Omega 9 Cooking Oil
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cooking Caramel
- 3 tablespoons Water
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- Blend shallots, birds eye chilli and dried prawns.
- In a wok, heat up some NeuVida Omega 9 Cooking Oil for sautéing blended ingredients until caramelized.
- Add curry powder, oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar and cooking caramel. Mix and set paste aside.
- With a little oil, fry curry leaves, add Kam Heong paste and stir to combine.
- Add clams and water, mix well and cook over high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and continue frying until mixture is dry and clams are well coated. Serve.
Share it with your friends.