Kataifi Wrapped Rockling with Soy Cream Sauce
A tasty fish recipe by Justine Schofield from Everyday Gourmet
- 45 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Everyday Gourmet
- 4 x 150 grams fillets of rockling or blue eye cod (or any white fish of your liking)
- 150 grams kataifi pastry
- 50 grams butter melted
- 300 milliliters cooking cream
- 80 milliliters light soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 bunch silverbeet, wilted (or any asian green to serve)
- Black sesame seeds to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Season the fish with salt. Tease the kataifi apart with your fingers to loosen. Drizzle in 4 tablespoons of butter. Mix with your hands to evenly distribute the butter. Divide the pastry into 4 equal bundles. Stretch it so you have a long rectangular shape. Wrap the fish tightly in the kataifi to make a parcel.
- Heat a little butter in a pan and sear the kataifi wrapped fish all over until golden brown.
- Place on a tray and into the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- For the cream sauce, mix the light soy sauce, cream and sesame in a pot until it boils and becomes thick and fragrant. Add the juice of half a lime at the end.
- Place the crispy fish on top of the wilted greens and then pour some sauce around the fish but not on it, so it remains crispy. Sprinkle black sesame seeds over the dish and serve.
Share it with your friends.