Kimchi and Tuna Fried Rice
Dig into this quick and easy Korean-inspired fried rice recipe by Sarah Benjamin from Simply Special.
- Stir Frying
- 5 minutes
- 10 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Simply Special
- 1 cup Kimchi, drained and liquid reserved
- 3 cups cooked and cooled Japanese rice
- 2 cans of Tuna, drained
- 4 tablespoons Gochujang (Korean red pepper paste)
- ¼ cup Water
- 2 teaspoons Sesame oil
- Salt and pepper, if needed
- Roughly chop the kimchi.
- Heat up a pan with 3 tablespoons vegetable oil and fry the drained kimchi for 1 minute, then add the tuna and fry for another minute longer.
- Add the overnight rice and toss, then add the Gochujang (add more or less depending on how spicy you want the fried rice).
- Pour in 2-3 tablespoons of the reserved kimchi liquid, the water and the sesame oil.
- Stir until all the liquid has been absorbed and all the ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Serve immediately!
Share it with your friends.